Kids these days are tech savvies and even a toddler can use an Android tablet easily. However, children using Android tablets might be at risk of accessing adult contents and online predators. Still, you can set up a kids account in Android tablets running on Android 4.3 or later versions to safeguard children from the risks of the World Wide Web. The steps offered here by cheap wholesale tablets dealers would help you set up parental controls easily.
Setting up a Kids Account in the Android Tablet
Setting up a kids account in an Android tablet is relatively easy. The interface will vary on different Android versions and so the exact steps can vary, even though the process is broadly the same. You may have to hunt around to find the Users entry from the Settings of the tablet. The steps to do the same are explained below in the post.
- In your Android tablet, tap on the Settings app to open it.
- Scroll down the screen to find Users. In the Users screen, you will be able to see the main account of the owner of the phone.
- Find the Add User option and open it. Accept the on screen message by tapping the OK button and then select Set Up Now.
- The tablet will log you out and will ask you to sign into the new account.
- Tap on the Continue button and you will be asked if you wish to sign into a Google Account. To prevent children from downloading apps, music, games, and videos via Google Play, select the Skip
- You can tap on the Not Now button if you do not want to set up the email account of your kid on the tablet.
Restricting Content in Play Store
If you wish to provide your kid access to Google Play Store, but need to restrict it, you can either sign in with your Google account or use the account of the kid and follow the below steps.
- Launch the Play Store app and tap on the three horizontal lines at the top left corner.
- Scroll down and select Settings. Scroll down until you find Parental Controls.
- Select it and create a Pin. Type in the Pin twice to confirm. Set the passcode for all the restriction that you plan to impose on the account.
These are the steps to enable parental controls in your Android Tablet and protect your kids from accessing unfavorable content. Stay tuned for more tips.