Siri is the virtual, personal, digital assistant from Apple. With Siri, your iPad can help you do many things like keeping in touch with friends and keeping you informed. Using the Siri virtual assistant from Apple is very simple. You just need to press and hold the Home button of your Apple iPad or say “Hey, Siri” to activate it. After activating the program, you can start speaking your question or command.
There are times when the Siri program mishears you, or you make a mistake while speaking to the program. In such cases, the best way is to tap the microphone icon on the phone and say the query or the command again. However, if you wish to edit your question or command, you can do that by following the steps explained below.
Editing Siri Commands and Questions
- You need to press and hold the Home button of the iPad or just say “Hey, Siri” to activate the program
- After Siri is activated, you can dictate a request
- Now you need to tap on the text that you previously spoke to edit it
- After making the necessary edits and changes, you can tap on the Done button located on the bottom right corner of the iPad to confirm the changes
Enabling and Disabling Siri
When you first setup the iPad that you bought from wholesale iPad dealers, the operating system will ask you if you need to enable Siri. If the virtual assistant is not enabled in your iPad already, you can enable it any time from the Settings menu. The same goes for disabling Siri. The steps to enable Siri are explained below.
- Tap on the Settings icon on your iPad to launch the Settings app
- In the Settings menu, scroll down and tap on Siri to select it
- You may either enable or disable the program from here by tapping on the toggle button. If you need to disable the program, you will be asked to confirm that you actually need to disable it
These are the simple steps to use the Siri voice assistant program in Apple iPad devices. Many iPad users claim that Siri is a very helpful virtual assistant that can be configured to work in many languages. Get in touch with experts to know how to configure the program to make it work in several languages.