Your iPad might have some important and expensive data stored in it and many of them might be irreplaceable when lost. Apple understands the importance of their users’ data, therefore they have offered two free and simple ways to duplicate and store the data.
The first step is to backup the iPad using iCloud and the second one is to backup using iTunes. The key benefit of backing up your iPad using iCloud is that the process is largely automated and can be done wirelessly. However, the downside is that Apple only offers 5 GB space free, and if you need more space to backup your iPad, you will need to pay for it.
Many of the iPad users know iTunes as the music-playing program from Apple, but this application is capable of doing much more than simply playing music. With iTunes, you are creating the backup of your iPad on your laptop or computer, meaning that the space allocation for iTunes backup is fully in your control, as it will be a portion of free space on your laptop or PC. The steps to backup your iPad as provided by wholesale iPad dealers are explained below.
Steps to Backup iPad Using iTunes
It will be good to confirm that you are using the latest version of iTunes before backing up your iPad. You can do that from the Help menu by choosing Check for Updates. After confirming that you have the latest version of iTunes, you many follow the simple steps as explained below.
- Before backing up wirelessly, you need to ensure that iTunes is turned off. To do that go to Settings, select iCloud, Storage and Backup, and turn off iCloud Backup.
- After turning off iCloud, you need to go to Settings, choose General, then iTunes Wi-Fi Sync, and choose your computer from the list.
- Choose the option Sync Now to perform the backup and wait until the backup completes successfully.
Sync with a Cable
- Connect the iPad to your computer and open iTunes.
- Confirm that iCloud is turned off, as you won’t be able to perform backup with iTunes when iCloud is enabled.
- After that, you need to open iTunes and right click on your device (iPad), which will be shown on the leftmost pane located under Devices. Select Backup and wait for the process to complete.