There are a number of excellent applications available in the App Store of Apple tablets that allow users to do a number of tasks with ease. iPad users use these apps to watch movies, stream video content, access social media platforms, play games, create documents, and connect with their friends and family. However, downloading and installing a number of applications on your iPad device may eventually affect the performance of your device. If you are in such a scenario, then it is wiser to uninstall a few apps from your tablet. This will speed up the device and allow you to multitask with ease.
Downloading and installing an app on your tablet is actually a relatively easy task, but some iPad users, especially seniors, find it incredibly hard to remove or delete an app from their device. Below are a few simple steps that will help you to easily remove unwanted applications from your iPad.
- Go to the Home Screen of your iPad and locate the icon of the app that you are planning to uninstall from the tablet.
- Simply tap the app icon and hold it until all the app icons start to wiggle around in the screen of your tablet.
- Now, gently tap the X icon in the upper left corner of the app icon that you wish to uninstall from your iPad.
- You will then receive a Delete AppName – Deleting AppName will also delete all of its data message on the screen. Select the Delete button to confirm.
- If you want to uninstall more apps from your tablet, continue to tap on the X icon of those applications and then repeat step number four.
- If you do not want to install any more apps, then press the Home button, as it will stop the wiggling of the app icons.
Many average iPad users accidentally delete an app that they might need in the future while performing the process. If you happen to unknowingly delete any app that you wanted on your iPad, you will need to re-download the app from the Apple App Store.
Another important thing to note is that some apps in your tablet such as Camera, Music, App Store, Game Center, and a few others cannot be deleted. So, try not to uninstall them from your iPad because it will not work.